gm map sensor

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Wed Jan 31 12:58:03 GMT 2001

"boosted" as in with a blower or turbo(s).
A 2 bar MAP sensor can  sense from 28(?) in of
vacuum to 15 PSI of positive pressure.  Approx 5 volts
on a 2 bar sensors indicates 15psi of postive pressure,
while the same reading on a 1 bar indicates atmospheric pres..
Because of this they require a different chip calibration.
HTH
Mike V