Honda/NTK O2 sensor (redux)

Glenn & Debbie Woodhouse gwoodhouse2 at home.com
Sun Jul 8 13:55:45 GMT 2001

No, they brought up no issues.  I bought my NTK controller from a tuning
shop.  One of the mechanics left the unit turned on over night.  Although
the system self calibrates in air, running continuously in an O2 rich
environment burns it out.  Also leaded gas will nuke these sensors after
30-50 hours of use.  The tuner couldn't afford to keep repllacining sensors
at $600 a pop.  He switched to a Bosch LSM11 based wideband.  Cheaper
sensors, more forgiving, but slower response for dyno tuning.

Glenn.