SpeedPro Tuning

John Walker dakotart98 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 18 21:42:11 GMT 2001

Brian,

SpeedPro does have a part # for our trucks with a general prescription for
wiring it in.  That is, they give you the wires that must be replaced and/or
spliced but no guarantees on check engine lights, etc.  The instructions are
a one page sheet, no diagrams just pinouts.  SpeedPro however, never
intended to market the SpeedPro as a plug and play.  Their unit has been
modified to pick up the signals from the Magnum crank trigger on requests by
McMormick Motorsports a campainger of Stock Eliminator trucks and other race
teams.

Their is a company Fastrack Performance out of California that has built a
custom harness for it.  I don't have his contact info as I am on vacation
right now in Florida but I'd be happy to send it to you.  I ordered my
complete setup from FastTrack for $2195.  The cheapest I could find the
setup with WideBand O2 but without FastTrack's custom harness was $1660.  If
I'm not mistaking a unit without WBO2 can be had for around $1200.  The
harness is costly at $550+ But, from speeking to a few people that have
installed it without it (including SpeedPro) "it is worth it's weight in
gold"  We shall see.

It's a coslty mod, but a good gateway to bigger and better things.  The
stock Dodge tuning is majorily limited.  SpeedPro claimed 20rwhp on a stock
truck.  FastTrack confirmed this figure.  Again, we'll see the numbers when
I'm done.  Hopefully they will be good.

John Walker - Antioch, TN - http://www.dakotaracing.com
98 IB CC - ATI 7psi, Leach Headers, TB, M1, MSD 6BTM, PI 3400 Stall, E/T
Streets, Hotchkis