SpeedPro Tuning

Jörgen Karlsson jorgen.m.karlsson at home.se
Tue Jun 19 19:10:38 GMT 2001

Bob Wooten wrote:

> Jorgen,
>
> How long does it take to tune in a new car motor setup from scratch (w/o a
> baseline tune)?
>
> Does not the speed pro setup have some kind of an auto tune w/the WBO2?

I think that I need 30 minutes to get the performance better then stock.
Most of that time is for making the ignition, VE and AFR maps.
Five minutes with the engine running is usually enough to pin the VE table.
After that I need an EGT meter for the economy part. Then I use a gtech or
similar device to find the best afr at full load.

You can play around for hours to optimize the result, but after half an hour
you are very close.

There are no autotune on the speedpro, ONLY autronic has a working autotune.
Autronic on the other hand is made to run open loop while the Speedpro is
made to run closed loop all the time.

When you are driving at a stable rpm and load you can press a button, I
think it was E, to correct the current VE site with the O2 correction used
at the time. This does not work...

Jörgen