Be famous among gearheads!

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Wed Jun 20 17:16:35 GMT 2001

Anyone seen the miata list archives?  They're threaded, so that after a
search turns up a post you can browse forwards and backwards in related
messages.  I'd like to set up something similar for the 3 diy_efi
lists.  I was in contact with the miata list guy (Andy) a while ago, and
he said he'd send me his scripts, but I haven't been able to reach him
lately.  But no matter, there are smart people on this list!  We should
be able to duplicate it.  There are 2 parts to it:

There is a script that is subscribed to the list, that receives
messages, figures out the threading, formats them into html including
links to previous and next thread messages, and saves that somewhere.

Then there's a generic html search engine that indexes and searches this
archive.  The miata list uses Glimpse.

I can get/compile/install Glimpse (that's the easy part).  But the other
part is beyond my limited knowledge of scripts/email.  Is there a
volunteer or group of volunteers who could get together and write this
script?  It's going to be a significant project so please make sure you
have the time and ability before signing up.  If you're interested
please reply privately to my email address below.

thanks,
--steve

--
Steve Ravet