has anyone tried this?

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Tue Jun 26 22:01:58 GMT 2001

I'd get a spare ecm, and or the harness ends and use the one you have, and
build an ecm bench.  That will get you thru all but the timing.
Then on the timing you'll need to monitor crank posistion, and #1s ignition
pulse, then with the time difference figure out the timing.

The aftermarket ecms are built to be easy to program, and get right.    You
very well might spend more time with this then just actually doing the
aftermarket programming.

The ecm bench will give you the coolant temp corrections, air temp (if
applicable), and would give some idea about accleration enrichments.
Bruce