Mitsu Starion

LEIF BERTELSEN leifbert at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 03:27:45 GMT 2001

My off line buddy wanted me to ask you guys for
advice.
He bought a 1986 Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R new when we
were in college. He had scraped together the cash to
buy it and I never really new how(it was about 16
grand if i remember correctly). Anyway.....He
maintained it meticulously for 100K miles. I replaced
the turbo once. He always had driveability probs with
the thing. These probs have gotten progressively worse
and no one can seem to diagnose. He is adamant about
changing to a new engine management system. I do not
know squat about this but I am a good wrench and will
help in any way I can. Anyone know which way to go
with this thing..... It's a 2.6 four. intercooler with
a cheesy looking throttle body style injection. Port
fuel?......This guy loves this car and wants to run it
forever at any cost.
Thanks.