Qestions from a new member

Ian Weaver ijweaver at adam.com.au
Sat Jun 30 11:03:22 GMT 2001

Hi all,

I would like information and questions answered.  I am looking at doing an
engine change over. I have a Ford 4x4 van with a 2lt carbi engine and
looking at changing it to a  2.6lt 12v efi engine out of a Ford 4x4 pick up,
late 90's model. The 2lt carbi engine has the engine number prefix " FE "

    1- Can this be done ?
    2-Do I need to change the gearbox or can I use the one already in the
van ?
    3-What type of computer ?
    4-Does it run a BCM ?
    5-Do I have to run the BCM ?
    6-What securities are on the computer ?
    7-Are the securities easily removed ?
    8-Anything tricky with the wiring ?

Thankyou for listening and look forward to favorable responses,

Ian