even more simple waste spark help or burnt fingers,smoke and little fried bits...

Warwick Anderson racingfit at goconnect.net
Thu Mar 1 04:02:21 GMT 2001

Im about to build a waste spark system for the Hemi.
Iv got 3 coils from a Toyota waste spark system, in which one coil pak sits
on the plug and has a lead going to the other plug.
to trigger this I will have 3 reluctor pickups and a single trigger.
each reluctor pulse will go to a normal elec.ignition module and fire its
two plugs.

any one see a problem with this?
I was going to use the CDI/MSD as a single unit switched by transistors to
each coil pak but I think it was defeating the idea of waste spark? as the
CDI still has to charge and fire six times as normal. but weather the CDI
spark is better then waste spark spark I dont know...
When I finish the CDI I might run some dyno tests with both of em.

Any help would be great.