spark timing measurement and recording

Steve.Flanagan at VerizonWireless.com Steve.Flanagan at VerizonWireless.com
Thu Mar 8 14:42:44 GMT 2001

If you are going to spend that much, why not just buy an Accel DFI, or Speed
Pro,
or Motec, Haltronic, etc system that lets your read 02 and control
individual spark and fuel.
You can be in most of these systems for under 4K.  But then again, this site
is about DIY.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason R. Haines [mailto:jhaines at lingenfelter.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 5:53 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: spark timing measurement and recording

> Who's WBEGO gives you spark along with A/F?......

The ECM (Engine Control and Monitoring, http://www.ecmco.com ) model 2400
gives AFR, spark timing, rpm and MAP. It can record the data or output it to
a PC. It is a great unit but costs $8000. To record rpm you just clip a
pickup to any spark plug wire. To get timing you need to mount a sensor to
the engine to pickup up TDC.

Jason