Fluke model 98 [was Re: spark timing measurement and recording]

Jason R. Haines jhaines at lingenfelter.com
Thu Mar 8 18:12:31 GMT 2001

Thanks for the information. I called Fluke and they confirmed that the model
98 can perform spark advance and rpm measurement and recording (to a PC).
One problem - they don't make the Fluke model 98 anymore and it does not
currently have a replacement either. I was told that they got caught off
guard by a chip manufacturer's decision to stop making one of the critical
chips used in the model 98. They bought a one-time buy of chips to service
future model 98 repairs but had to stop making the model 98. Any other scope
meters from other companies that offer this feature?

Thanks,

Jason