Winter gas vs summer gas

Gerald Pelnar wd0fyf at mpks.net
Sat Mar 10 19:07:16 GMT 2001

From: Ludis Langens <ludis at cruzers.com>

> The problem occurred at air temperatures of 40 to 60F.  There was also
> one instance of lousy idling in a traffic jam on a warm sunny 65F day.

Sounds like the problem I had with convenience store gas. Where I live gas
comes from one of three refineries and it makes a big difference which one.
I started asking, when I buy gas from somewhere other than my usual place.
My son got a tank of gas once that we poured on the sidewalk and couldn't
light it with a match.

HotRod magazine ran an article several years ago about the differences in
gasoline. I'll have to see if I can find it.

Gerald