Autronic Systems

Scott Flanagan gte861v at prism.gatech.edu
Wed Mar 14 03:22:12 GMT 2001

I am the power train leader for Georgia Tech's FSAE team, GT Motorsports,
and we have been using the Electromotive on our cars for years but the other
day I saw some talk on the list about Autronic's SMC and SM2 and I was
wondering if I could get some input from anyone about that system.
Reliability has been a major issue for the Electromotive with the CPS.  Also
the Autronic's have more options, are they a better system, and the price
wasn't bad, any input would be greatly appreciated, as would any other
viable options, price limited of course.  Also, I almost forgot, the motor
we are using is   a Honda CBR 600, 14.5:1 comp., yadayadyada, methanol
injected, also we use a 5th injector to cool the intake charge, could the
Autronic support that?

Scott Flanagan
GTMS Powertrain Leader
Mechanical Engineering Undergraduate
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
gte861v at prism.gatech.edu, (404) 206-0380