Ease ST2-ISO and the Ferrari 360M

Jason R. Haines jhaines at lingenfelter.com
Fri Mar 16 20:00:52 GMT 2001

We have the Ease OBD I/II ST12-INT Scan Tool and the Ease OBD II Data
Logger. We have not used either on a Ferrari application. The generic OBD II
data can be limited. We recently used the OBD II logger on a Viper and only
and a dozen or so generic OBD II parameters were available (although that
included most of the major parameters we needed). Ease does not yet have the
manufacturer specific data sets for Chrysler OBD II applications. I am not
sure if they have a more specific data set that would include the Ferrari (I
assume they use a similar data set to some of the other European Bosch
controlled applications).

The scan tool works pretty well but having a laptop in a vehicle can be a
hassle sometimes - especially if you are used to using a dedicated scan tool
like a GM Tech 2 or a Chrysler DRB III. We think the Ease OBD II Data Logger
works better for many applications. You just plug it into the computer and
set it up for your vehicle (what vehicle type, what parameters to record,
whether to record automatically on key on or to record when the record
buttons are pressed etc.). Then you plug it into the vehicle and drive. We
usually use ours in the automatic record mode where it logs whenever the key
is on (we got the upgraded model that will record up to roughly 11 hours of
data depending on the data sets). We then just program the record buttons to
be markers so you can place a marker when a problem happens. You can even
program the different recording buttons to record different data sets (4
different recording buttons, I think).

The logger works very well for low cost engine monitoring for track
sessions, top speed test and emissions testing. We recently had a customer
borrow the logger and record the entire Silver State open road race in his
Corvette (I think he was in the 150 mph class because it was his first time
and he didn't have all of the safety equipment). It would be nice if the
update rates for the parameters were faster but this seems to be true of
many diagnostic tools - especially the PC based ones.

Hope this helps,

Jason

> > Does anyone have any experience with the ST2-ISO scan tool offered By
EASE