VSS on the GM GENII engine

ted at boxey.com ted at boxey.com
Tue Mar 20 17:46:19 GMT 2001

hello,

I am trying to identify what the VSS pulse characteristics are for the new
genIII gm engines.  I am using the stock computer, and the engine is a 2000
model LQ4 (6.0L Vortec) out of a Silverado 2500.

I am mating the engine/transmission to a Toyota Landcruiser transfer case, and
need to buy/make a pulse generator to work off of the cable driven speedometer
port.

The 4L80E has a port (used when installed in a 2WD truck) for the VSS in the
main housing, but the 4WD output shaft does not have a reluctor ring.

thanks