K Jetronic questions

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Thu Mar 22 05:06:11 GMT 2001

That is almost exactly what I was planning on.

I thought my first problem was coming up with a way to manufacture some sort
of mechanical actuator either via a lead screw, or cam.  The problem is that
I don't know what the cam profile needs to be.

I think what I'll do now is instrument the distributor with a linear
transducer for testing.  I'll run the engine up and down, and get the
plunger displacements for RPM, MAF, and TPI.  I can take that data and have
a cam ground just for the task.  That way I won't be wasting my time in
front of the mill shooting in the dark with different profiles.

Once I have that profile, I should be able to fine tune with the pressure
actuator.

What I'm still not clear on is whether I need a MAF, or just take everything
from tables.

 Brian Michalk  <http://www.awpi.com/michalk>
musician, home-brewer, entrepreneur and SINGLE!