IAT sensor ?

Bob Tom tigers at bserv.com
Sun Mar 25 16:17:54 GMT 2001

Hi, all.

Just a general question.

Does anyone have an opinion on how large a role the
IAT sensor's output signals is in determining pulsewidth
and timing in any stock efi system, specifically in WOT
mode on a NA engine?

 From the search's that I've done on this efi management,
my understanding was its role would not be significant,
with its most significant influence limited to one or two
modes of operation (WOT not being one of them).  On
the other hand, my search's on relocating the IAT and/or
sending a false signal to the computer seem to indicate
that timing can be affected by as much as 3 degrees
and that the afr is also significantly altered.

As always, any thoughts are most welcomed and
appreciated.

Bob