GP: AMTEL 29C256 FLASH EEPROM for #730 ECM

Daniel and Laura Burk ws6transam at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 31 01:33:21 GMT 2001

I've placed an order with Arrow Electronics for a dozen of the 29C256
Flash version of this chip. It seems that this chip is FLASHable with
the pocket programmer and will eliminate the need to use UV erasers and
socketed EEPROMs. You can build a simple adapter and modify the chip
while still onboard the MEMCAL.

They sell typically for about $4.50 to $5.00 apiece, but I can get them
for $4.00 apiece. The first 12 are spoken for, but if you want some,
email me with your needs and I'll increase the order quantity. The chips
are slated to arrive in mid-May. I have ordered the 120 nsec version.

--Daniel Burk