AMP connector

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Sat Mar 31 07:10:36 GMT 2001

Rich M tapped away at the keyboard with:

> What does it physically look like Bernard? 2-row flat blade 25 or
> 35-way maybe? If so it's probably the junior-timer range - I'll
> have a look at some books at work next week...

Two rows. Flat pins. 25-connector. There's a locating lug at one end
and a spring catch at the other. The usual "Bosch-style" as far as I
can tell. The spring doesn't appear to be part of the male
connector; it's part of the bracket holding the ECU.

The locking/locating lugs aren't essential but would be nice to have
to prevent the "snooper" coming adrift while the car is being
driven and data is collected and observed.

It should be a fairly common item; VW used them for about 8 years in
the 25-pin variety but I'm stumped as to sources for the connectors.
(I can order the harness connector from VW at some stupefying
markup, but the mating connector at the ECU is the real hurdle.)

--
Bernd Felsche - Innovative Reckoning, Perth, Western Australia