Wiring harness construction technique question

David Hunt bamainc at home.com
Thu May 31 20:22:11 GMT 2001

Knit and pick all you want to but the FACT is that a tin connector to tin
connector is likely to outlive a tin to gold connector by orders of
magnitude.  Agreed a gold to gold connector will outlive a tin to tin.  The
gold on most connectors is measured in microinches increments and that does
not full cover the base metal.  The base metal will react with the tin.

Heck, the gold and tin will create a "battery" and give you a dc offset.
Really, Gold to Tin is a waste of gold (and tin.)