Switches or relays?

Mark Bottorff bottorffinator at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 8 18:52:34 GMT 2001

I have some ideas about using batch fire coil packs
sequentially and using the Megasquirt for sequential
EFI.

Coil packs:
On my car ('88 Supra turbo) there are 3 sets of coil
packs that fire 2 plugs at a time. There is a seperate
connector for each coil pack. If I got another set of
coil packs, and plugged the connectors into some sort
of relay that would switch between coil packs as
they're actived, it would fire one plug at a time. The
problem is that there would be an empty spot for
another plug wire. If I were to "Y" 2 plug wires
together, would I get twice the spark, or that blow
the coil packs?

Sequential EFI:
Using the same sort of relay from above, but with 3
outs and and one in (for a 6 cylinder), couldn't you
make the Megasquirt fire one injector at a time?

Now the big question, does such a relay or switch
exist?

Thanks,
Mark Bottorff