non profit

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Fri Nov 9 00:12:26 GMT 2001

From: "Bernard Littau" <bernard at blama.com>
Subject: non profit
> Bruce, this is primarily to you, but I think it should be aired in the
> public of the list.
> While the new GP of the WB boards has a board price of $3.99, I don't see
> how selling a board at $12.50 by Peter in and of itself violates the
letter
> or spirit of the Users Agreement on the WB Intellectual Property being
used
> only for personal and non-profit uses.

Well, your not being able to see the point is rather mute.
The Users agreement was written in a particular manner, to protect this and
other projects.  How hard can it be to see that folks that contribute huge
amounts of time, didn't do so for the likes of Peter to cash in on.
I can claim credit for some of how the users agreement is written, please
don't try to tell me what the spirit of it is.

> I've been following this list for six weeks now, and I have yet to see any
> real facts from either side.  You keep mentioning off-list communications
> and possible future plans on Peter's part.
> How, specifically, has Peter violated the Users Agreement?

You might ask Peter exactly what is included in his pricing.   He refuses to
admit on list what all he's up to.
Peter, would you care to comment and admit on list what your pricing
includes?.

> Who is the list administrator?  What is the policy for having someone
> removed from the list?

You might write and ask Orin that.
orin at diy-efi.org

> If there is indeed a problem here, then let's air it out, and get it over
> with.  This ongoing battle of acusation and innuendo in email after email
is
> indeed tiring.  I am not saying this issue is not important.   I don't
want
> to spend the rest of my life with people blasting each other on this list
> over this issue.  I am saying this issue is important, so let's do
something
> about it and move on.

No one is blasting anyone, just stating facts.
If your tired of it, write Peter and ask him to just quit cashing in on the
work of others, and violating the Users Agreement.
You'll note I just write in response to his nonsense.
Bruce