DIY_EFI Digest V5 #871

Carter Shore clshore at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 20:23:27 GMT 2001

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001 09:57:08 Bernard Littau wrote:

> I am interested in an add-on device that takes the
> WB output, and mimics the output of a normal O2
> sensor.  I'd rather not tap another hole in my
> EM, favoring replacing the existing O2 with a WB,
> and feeding the ECU derived information for its
> closed loop needs.

Once you have the analog output of a WB, you can
fairly easily simulate the switching of a NB with just
a couple of comparators. You need a stable reference
voltage that can be set to correspond to the WB output
at stoich.
The output of the circuit switches between .1V and
.8V, depending on whether the WB output is greater
tahn or less than the reference. Add a little
hysteresis to prevent false triggering and for noise
immunity, and off you go.
I'm certainly going to add this to my DIY-WB, I'll
share if anyone is interested.

Carter SHore