Megasquirt GP queries...

Bernard Littau bernard at blama.com
Fri Nov 9 22:18:04 GMT 2001

I would like to eventually convert my turbocharged Audi to megasquirt, away
from CIS.  However, before I do that, I'll likely convert a NA lawnmower
engine, or something equally pedantic, to megasquirt just to work through
the issues.  I have a bit of a leaning curve to get past.

I would like two megasquirts, so I have a spare.  Should I get one with the
NA MAP and the other with the 2.0 bar MAP, or can I get away with the 2.0
bar MAP on a test NA application?

How difficult is it to change the MAP?

Can arrangements be made to purchase more MAP setups than boards on the GP?

Also, I am currently running at 15+ psi of boost on my Audi.  Is the 2.0 bar
absolute, or above atmospheric?  I thought I saw some discussion on a 3.0
bar sensor, but I never saw clearly if this was a viable alternate option.
I would be interested in a setup that can deal with >15 psi boost.

Thanks,

Bernard Littau
Woodinville, WA