I'm missing something...

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Mon Nov 12 22:00:50 GMT 2001

MAP or MAF they are just used to calulate the air consumption of the engine.
Once you know how much air is being used, you can calulate how much fuel to
add to get a given AFR.

The only feedback on O2 is from the O2 sensor (exhaust side of the engine).
Ambient O2 levels vary from location to location, and that isn't directly
sensed for the fuel calulation.
Bruce

From: "Bob" <bob at scientist.com>
Subject: Re: I'm missing something...
> Isn't the reason for the MAP is to calculate the % Oxygen in
> the air at different elevations?
> MAF would still measure just the amount of Air entering the engine
>  , even if it's Oxygen content is much lower at higher elevations...
> or do I have it all wrong?

AFMs