Stimulator board for MegaSquirt

Bruce Bowling bbowling at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 14 18:14:18 GMT 2001

All,

I just wanted to inform everyone that Jeff Clarke has agreed to adapt his
EFI332 stimulator board for MegaSquirt, and offer a group purchase on this.

For those who do not know about the stimulator board, it is a board which
plugs into the MegaSquirt connector and supplies signals to the ECU
-  MegaSquirt thinks it is running a vehicle with this board. There are
potentiometers to adjust Coolant, TPS, MAT, O2 and RPM, and a connector to
apply power. We made up a jury-rigged stimulator board when developing the
MegaSquirt unit, and it is difficult to live without it.

For all of the people purchasing MegaSquirt kits, the stimulator allows you
to test and verify the hardware before installing on a vehicle, and it is a
great tool in monitoring the operation of the ECU, especially while running
the PC Configurator program. Also, if there is ever any doubt in the
operation of the MegaSquirt unit, you can quickly plug in the stimulator
board and quickly it out.

Jeff is going to handle this group purchase - he will be emailing the lists
with further info.

If the timing works out, we should be able to combine the shipment of the
MegaSquirt kits with the stimulator in one package (Jeff lives about 1 hour
away from me), thus saving in shipping costs.

- Bruce

              Bruce A. Bowling
          bbowling at earthlink.net
    http://home.earthlink.net/~bbowling