I'm missing something...

Michael Gough mdg3369 at mac.com
Wed Nov 14 18:15:22 GMT 2001

> Not sure how this one works, but if I read / remember correctly, the CIS
> air plate sensors are referred to as "mass air sensors".  I believe that
> they correctly compensate for temperature based density changes.

Nope, the CIS cars just measure volume, not mass of the air. The CIS cars
and the Flapper type airflow sensor cars (Bosch L-jet) have altitude
compensation equipment on them for this reason. The Mass airflow sensor cars
(hotwire, Bosch LH-jet) actually measure the mass of the air going in the
engine so they don't need any compensation up at altitude.
Mike