Lumina Definition File

Matthew McCain mmccain at usaor.net
Thu Nov 15 22:33:01 GMT 2001

------=_NextPart_000_0059_01C16DF2.695E8580

Hello,

    I am having trouble getting a correct definition file for my car.  =
Someone sent me one that looked like it would work, but doesn't. I tried =
Carsten Meyers program for his cammaro, and it read in some of the =
sensors correct for my 94 Chevy Lumina.  Example=3D TPS volts, Batt =
Voltage, and some wacked out values for other stuff with negative =
numbers.  I found in his program how to change the word # and tried =
experimenting with that, but still no luck.  Someone told me that you =
need a scan tool to spy on the transmissions from the ecu to the scan =
tool to find out which word goes with what sensor.  Is there any other =
way to find out how to spy on it.  Or does anyone have any other 3.1 L =
Multi Port Injection definition files that I can try.  Does anyone live =
near the Pittsburgh, PA area.  I would like to talk to someone to have a =
better understanding on how this works.  Any help would be greatly =
appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

------=_NextPart_000_0059_01C16DF2.695E8580

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I am having trouble =
getting a=20
correct definition file for my car.&nbsp; Someone sent me one that =
looked like=20
it would work, but doesn't. I tried Carsten Meyers program for his =
cammaro, and=20
it read in some of the sensors correct for my 94 Chevy Lumina.&nbsp; =
Example=3D=20
TPS volts, Batt Voltage, and some wacked out values for other stuff with =

negative numbers.&nbsp; I found in his program how to change the word # =
and=20
tried experimenting with that, but still no luck.&nbsp; Someone told me =
that you=20
need a scan tool to spy on the transmissions from the ecu to the scan =
tool to=20
find out which word goes with what sensor.&nbsp; Is there any other way =
to find=20
out how to spy on it.&nbsp; Or does anyone have any other 3.1 L Multi =
Port=20
Injection definition files that I can try.&nbsp; Does anyone live near =
the=20
Pittsburgh, PA area.&nbsp; I would like to talk to someone to have a =
better=20
understanding on how this works.&nbsp; Any help would be greatly=20
appreciated.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks in advance,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Matt</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0059_01C16DF2.695E8580--