ECM-controlled I6 HEI dist

Morgan Fletcher morgan at hahaha.org
Sat Nov 17 00:16:47 GMT 2001

I want to convert a carbureted straight six to throttle-body fuel
injection. My friend Tom has done the same conversion. He went with a Davis
Unified Ignition (D.U.I.) HEI distributor for the I6 that has the ignition
module for computer-controlled timing.

I'd like to try to make a used I6 HEI dist work. As far as I can tell,
there was never an GM I6 with HEI and computer-controlled ignition.

Tom pointed out this page to me:

  http://www.customefis.com/gmheidist.html

What I want to know: Is the HEI igniton module for an ECM V8-specific?
Would it work in an I6 distributor?

Thanks!

Morgan
--
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV