Distributerless Ign. Module/MegaSq... Re: used ignition modules

Robert Poling rwpoling at peoplepc.com
Sat Nov 17 21:00:41 GMT 2001

I've wanted to bring this up for a while...

Ford used an ignition module on 4, 6 & 8 cyl cars called the EDIS (elec.
distributerless ig, sys.)  The 4 cyl version takes in a 36-1 tooth wheel and
sends a nice, square wave signal out to the PCM.  With no PCM input to the
module, it fires coils at 10 deg. BTDC.  A varying pulse width signal from
the PCM to the EDIS controls advance.

I would like to adapt MegaSquirt to control the EDIS for my car.  We'll see
how quick I pick up assembly... :)

They can be found on early 90's 1.9L Escorts. Junkyard here sells module and
coil pack for $30.

See http://www.alternativeauto.com/waterbox/ for more.