diy dash wiring/guages

Jim Blackwood jblackwood5 at home.com
Mon Nov 19 22:31:48 GMT 2001

Can't give you a specific schematic, but can give some pointers. With
your dashboard in place and all gages and switches out, select your wire
colors and run your wires, leaving a foot or so extra hanging out the
hole for each switch or gage where it connects. Label the wires as you
run them, use multiple colors, and use automotive wiring. Crimp, solder,
insulate and wrap the connections with rubber tape. Run one circuit at a
time and check it until everything works. Zip tie where the wires
branch, then remove and vinyl wrap the harness, do not use electrical
tape. Reinstall and put it all together, test, etc. Use the old harness
as a guide for where the circuits go.

Jim