diy dash wiring/guages

Don Berry donbe at MICROSOFT.com
Mon Nov 19 22:34:21 GMT 2001

There seems to be two ways to do this. Replace the wiring with
reproduction harnesses available from most of the reproduction parts
suppliers. My experience with these has been extremely good. The
harnesses were an exact fit including connectors, wire color and even
the hangers in the proper places. Not cheap, but the best way to do it.

The other way would be a generic kit from Painless Wiring. They have all
the circuits available and you add the terminations.

Hope this helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Northrup [mailto:james_northrup at yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2001 5:55 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: diy dash wiring/guages

I am looking for a good diy reference that details how to strip/replace
an
old muscle car dash panel and wiring and put in a minimalist set of
lights
and guages, turn signal, etc.  enough to run on the street legally.  the
decaying handywork is no longer legal or easily fixed.

I am positive that this drastic measure is the only sensible approach in
the
long run.

the original stock dash has been dumped and replaced years ago.  I have
lumber drilled with guages and unlabeled toggle switches from someone
else's
creative efforts before me.

73 gmc sprint/chevelle is the specific yr/model, though I'm not
committed to
retaining any of the original schematic cept for the bulbs and
headlights.

sorry if this is a drift of the efi topic.  seems some here arrived at
the
hi-tech after paying dues on the low-tech side.

any help appreciated

quotes)
in the body of a message (not the subject) to
majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org