Cam position sensing w/o a cam sensor

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Mon Nov 26 00:34:28 GMT 2001

If you already know the crankshaft position, all you
need is a crude "1 of 2" input to tell you which turn is
which.  If you don't want a mechanical connection,
why not throw some kind of pickup on the cylinder
#1 spark plug wire, like the pickup from a timing
light?  I have add on systems that ask you to pass
a plug wire through an inductive pickup they supply.
Of course this would not work on a waste fire ign.

Bruce Roe