FJO and NTK sensor placement

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Mon Nov 26 03:43:18 GMT 2001

From: Moofaloof at aol.com
Subject: FJO and NTK sensor placement

I was reading the install instructions that are on the FJO site for their
wideband O2 controller and noticed that they mention installing the sensor
so that the tip is _below_ the body of the sensor.  Why is this important?

So water from condensation doesn't collect in it.

Also, way back in the early days of EGOR I saw a pic posted with an NTK
sensor mounted in a probe that was inserted into a tailpipe.  This is an
attractive option for a non-permanent mounting but I'm curious how can  not
be completely submerged in the exhaust.

????.
On the first paragraph your talking orientation of the sensor.
If doing a probe, your unlikely to get much condensation,  since you'll be
removing it.  Other then that you'll need to repharse your sentence.
Bruce