Megasquirt A/D Vdd

Stewart Prince sprince at csun.edu
Mon Nov 26 17:21:40 GMT 2001

Eric and Bruce

Thanks for your response.  Actually, it was one of my students who asked me this
question and I couldn't answer it.  Now I understand.  As long as the microprocessor
uses VDD as the A/D voltage reference, the digital value is ratiometric even if VDD
varies.

I supervise a group of Mechanical Engineering students at Cal State Northridge who are
involved in Formula SAE (I'm sure you're familiar with it).  To compete, you almost
have to come up with some sort of EFI system.  In the past we've used Electromotive,
Haltech, and EFI.  I'll bet we spend over 3k each year on fuel injection parts,
brains, etc and we NEVER like the results.  No one really knows what the hell is going
on inside the ECU well enough to understand what's being done and what isn't.  I'm
suggesting we build a Megasquirt-we don't have the expertise to design a system from
scratch and we don't like what we've been using, so it's a perfect fit.  In fact, I'm
going to send an email to Formula SAE headquarters letting them know about the
Megasquirt site.  BTW, I am very appreciative of those who place the dissemination of
information above the almighty dollar.

STEWART PRINCE

PROFESSOR, MECHANICAL ENGINEERING

CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, NORTHRIDGE