Honda ecm..hondata

Mark S. Riley turbotuneusltd at triad.rr.com
Mon Nov 26 20:02:49 GMT 2001

The emulator simply "holds" the rom data so you can make changes much
quicker than having to reburn a chip for the new data. As far as locating
tables, that would depend on the software you are running on the emulator.
You load a hex file to the emulator to run. Hondata uses there own software
to run the emulator or at least they do with the Pocket Programmer. I also
have a Econo ROM III and it will run a Buick GN, but the software just loads
a hex file I give it the location of. Perhaps Tech-Tools $1500.00 emulator
will find tables and files, but I'd have to see a demonstration before I
spent any money. The only company I have ever heard of claiming to be able
to find ignition tables and fuel tables in strange software from loading it
and running it with their emulator is RaceLogic. $1700.00 and I'd really
like to see a demonstration before I spend any money. I have a hard time
with believing the ad copy. Mark

PS: Before I would want a "real time" editor, I would want to make srue I
nver made a mistook in typing in the commands. When you hit the key, it's
done. BING, BANG, BONG.