Megasquirt A/D Vdd

Eric Fahlgren efahl at adams.com
Mon Nov 26 20:20:46 GMT 2001

Stewart Prince wrote:

> Eric and Bruce
>
> Thanks for your response.  Actually, it was one of my students who asked me this
> question and I couldn't answer it.  Now I understand.  As long as the microprocessor
> uses VDD as the A/D voltage reference, the digital value is ratiometric even if VDD
> varies.
>
> I supervise a group of Mechanical Engineering students at Cal State Northridge who are
> involved in Formula SAE (I'm sure you're familiar with it).  To compete, you almost
> have to come up with some sort of EFI system.  In the past we've used Electromotive,
> Haltech, and EFI.  I'll bet we spend over 3k each year on fuel injection parts,
> brains, etc and we NEVER like the results.  No one really knows what the hell is going
> on inside the ECU well enough to understand what's being done and what isn't.  I'm

Stewart,

MegaSquirt sounds perfect for your purposes.

To change the subject, I'll toss in an "advert" here.  Are you
(and any other FSAE guys) aware of my employer's program to support
FSAE team's chassis development guys with software grants?  I think
the University program gives away some of our code to get broader
market exposure.  I think it's probably a win-win situation, the
students get to use professional quality dynamics code and we get
good PR.

Here's a press release, skip the usual chest-pounding at the top
and jump to the middle:

   http://www.adams.com/news/releases/2001/news011601a.htm

None of the usual disclaimers apply (after all, I work there :),
Eric

--
Eric Fahlgren                            Mechanical Dynamics, Inc
efahl at adams.com                          Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA