WB O2 Sensor Resistor & Connector Again

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Tue Nov 27 01:56:52 GMT 2001

Whatever works for you.  I would much rather improvise
a resistor, than mess up that expensive sensor toward
the day I DO find a connecor, or buy more sensors.

My method is not to try to find the exact right value
resistor.  If I needed 2340 ohms, I would take a 2200
ohm and put in series with a 120 ohm, then put an
18 or 22 ohm in series depending on the accuracy of
the first 2.  Putting a 1 meg in parallel with a 1K will
bring it down to 999, etc etc.  Lots of possibilities.

I tried removing a pin from a different connector and
plugging it into the needed position on the correct
2 X 4 connector as discussed, works well.  I would
advise taking the first pin out of a connector you can
hack up till you find how it works.  I'll need to make
another raid to get some partially equipped conn. I
left in the 'yard before.

Bruce Roe