New member - Aircraft engine EFI

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Tue Nov 27 02:32:46 GMT 2001

-> a light aircraft.  As an electronic engineer I have been pondering
-> over whether to go down the EFI route, rather than use the big, heavy
-> Bing carbs

 Keep the carbs, or go for a simple airplane-type mechanical fuel
injection.

 For your application electronics would gain you no power, and they'd
add a whole new layer of things to go wrong.  And frankly, I don't see
how you could come up with *any* EFI system lighter than two Bing
carburetors...