FJO and NTK sensor placement

Moofaloof at aol.com Moofaloof at aol.com
Tue Nov 27 02:36:10 GMT 2001

--part1_140.54281e1.293455ec_boundary

In a message dated 11/25/01 10:46:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
nacelp at bright.net writes:

> Also, way back in the early days of EGOR I saw a pic posted with an NTK
> sensor mounted in a probe that was inserted into a tailpipe.  This is an
> attractive option for a non-permanent mounting but I'm curious how can  not
> be completely submerged in the exhaust.
>
> ????.
> On the first paragraph your talking orientation of the sensor.
> If doing a probe, your unlikely to get much condensation,  since you'll be
> removing it.  Other then that you'll need to repharse your sentence.
> Bruce

The two questions are not related.  The first relates to a normal mounting in
the collector or near it, the second to a probe arrangement.  To repharse the
question, how does one construct a probe so as to (1) not create a huge
restriction, and (2) not "submerge" the sensor.  Do you use something like a
closed end cylinder (a pipe say a little over 1" dia) with the sensor
protruding from the end ?  This would position the body in somewhat "dead"
air inside the probe but not directly in the exhaust stream.

--part1_140.54281e1.293455ec_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  COLOR="#0000ff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Tahoma" LANG="0">In a message dated 11/25/01 10:46:09 PM Eastern Standard Time, nacelp at bright.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Also, way back in the early days of EGOR I saw a pic posted with an NTK<BR>
sensor mounted in a probe that was inserted into a tailpipe.&nbsp; This is an<BR>
attractive option for a non-permanent mounting but I'm curious how can&nbsp; not<BR>
be completely submerged in the exhaust.<BR>
<BR>
????.<BR>
On the first paragraph your talking orientation of the sensor.<BR>
If doing a probe, your unlikely to get much condensation,&nbsp; since you'll be<BR>
removing it.&nbsp; Other then that you'll need to repharse your sentence.<BR>
Bruce<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#0000ff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Tahoma" LANG="0"><BR>
The two questions are not related.&nbsp; The first relates to a normal mounting in the collector or near it, the second to a probe arrangement.&nbsp; To repharse the question, how does one construct a probe so as to (1) not create a huge restriction, and (2) not "submerge" the sensor.&nbsp; Do you use something like a closed end cylinder (a pipe say a little over 1" dia) with the sensor protruding from the end ?&nbsp; This would position the body in somewhat "dead" air inside the probe but not directly in the exhaust stream.</FONT></HTML>

--part1_140.54281e1.293455ec_boundary--