New member - Aircraft engine EFI

bill.shurvinton at nokia.com bill.shurvinton at nokia.com
Tue Nov 27 12:11:54 GMT 2001

An interesting area for study. I have only grazed the surface of
aircraft engine stuff, but it would seem that the algorithms are fairly
simple given that you only really want the engine to run at a few points
(start, max power and max BSFC).

This would enable a very simple EFI system to be utilised, which could
be made small, light and reliable. You of course need 2 for redundancy
(or 1 per cylinder)

I'm not sure that EFI is no gain in this case, but I've never studied a
carb modified for aviation use, so dunno how they deal with changes in
altitude, temperature etc.

A fun optimisation project (if you're into that sort of stuff)

Bill