Cam position sensing w/o a cam sensor

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Tue Nov 27 16:56:12 GMT 2001

Using crank position, opposite cylinders can initially be fired together.  The
voltage required in the cylinder w/ compression is higher.  Lesson left over
from waste spark, and similar methods might be applicable to that system.  If
you're watching cylinder #1 for this higher voltage, you can tell whether the
coil is firing during a compression or exhaust stroke.

Shannen