MSD 6A

The Punisher punisher454 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 28 02:05:37 GMT 2001

I have been using MSD 6 series since 1988 and have had only 2 minor
problems.
The first one was that I had a weak spark when trying to use a factory hei
module to trigger the MSD. I discarded the stock module and just wired the
magnetic pickup in the HEI directly to the magnetic pickup wires on the MSD.
Problem solved and good sparking to 8000RPM(never went higher) and better
Idle. This was a MSD6T that I bought used from a circle track racer. I used
this same box on several cars untill spring 2001 when it finaly quit
working. I have used 3 more msd 6's on My own cars and installed dozens on
customers cars where I worked.
The MSD's had a better success rate than the jacobs and crane systems(seen
both fail). On one customers car with a intercooled Vortech blown 383 we
made 750hp (give or take 10 hp I dont remember EXACTLY) at the rear wheels
(on the Dynojet) using an MSD7. As a side note on this car, it had an
aeromotive fuel pump(the big red one)with 1/2 inch line but still we had to
use a voltblaster on the alternator(about 16.5 volts at full throttle) to
get enough fuel.
MSD's work , and work good!