Cam position sensing w/o a cam sensor

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Wed Nov 28 02:41:59 GMT 2001

Santi Udomkesmalee wrote:

> I don't see why one needs to sync the cam to the flywheel more than once,
> but if you guys have some good reasons, I'd like to hear them.

Glitches happen.  Eventually you'll miss a crank reference - or noise
will create a phantom reference.  At that point you'd be out of sync
until the engine is shut down.  If you were to resync at every chance,
you'd be back to normal within two crank revs - and the out-of-sync
event would seem like a misfire.