MSD 6A

The Punisher punisher454 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 28 03:06:51 GMT 2001

>From: "Bruce" <nacelp at bright.net>
>To: <diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
>Subject: Re: MSD 6A
>Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 21:13:23 -0500
>

>Just out of curiousty have you ever measured any air gaps (cap / rotor)
>looking for the best setup?.
>Are the sure the MSD actually cured anything?
>Bruce

I've never measured the rotor gap in an optispark (what all the MSD's where
I worked were installed on) but I think that last 750hp(rear wheels) car was
about .060 plug gap. And yes the ignition boxes helped these cars run
better, especialy the more radicaly built ones. The stock optispark was
usualy the first thing we would change when a car did not run right, and
more often than not it would be the problem.

On my own cars I usualy just get rid of the factory ignition right away
(electronics, including module)and install on of my MSD's first thing. I can
run a much larger plug gap than a stock HEI and and can also get away with a
leaner mixture for cruising.