Equipment

jaredryan at compuserve.com jaredryan at compuserve.com
Wed Nov 28 04:07:24 GMT 2001

On 27 Nov 2001, at 22:48, LOW4SHOW at aol.com wrote:

> In terms of desoldering how well does using a basic soldering gun and a
> suction bulb work?

On PCB I've done pretty well with a soldering iron and desolder
braid.  Get the solder hot and touch the braid to it and it just flows
up into the braid.  Just have to be careful not to damage the solder
pad on the PCB.

> What about having temperature control on the desoldering or
> soldering guns, how important is this feature?

I've never tried a gun with this feature, so no comment.  I will say
you can solder and desolder a lot of devices and wires using
simple tools and good technique.