MSD 6A

skulte skulte at skulte.com
Wed Nov 28 16:35:17 GMT 2001

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Kevin Wright wrote:

> ...and lo, thus spake Bruce on 11/27/01:
> >I'd seriously look to change a table for timing control.
> >They do have a multistep retard box, that I've used without complaint.
> >I have yet to have a Crane box fail.
> >Bruce

I just caught the above... I will never use a Crane box. Vortech was
including them with their supercharger kits, and nearly everyone I know
with the Vortech has had their Crane box die and get replaced multiple
times. Maybe it's been fixed in the new version, but it's happened too
often for me to use one. My Accel 300+ ignition box has been reliable so
far for 3+ years under the punishment of the oven known as my engine bay
(recently melted most of the wires road racing due to radiant heat from
the turbos). FWIW.

Andris Skulte
Z28tt-89 IROC T56 DFI Twin Turbo

 > > Found 'em, thanks. Specs look good; actually a couple
of options