WB free air calibration

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Thu Nov 1 01:00:45 GMT 2001

If you really want to be sure, get the calibration gas.  But
the WB circuit utilizes the calibration resistor built into
the sensor to get pretty close.  You should be right on
at stoich, increasing error as you get away from that
point.

If you want to use air calibration, the Ip currrent (or Vout
deviation from stoich) in air should be about 3 times the
current at an A/F of 21.5:1 or 22:1.  I actually reduce the
Ip sense resistor (and Vout deviation from stoich) by a
factor of three, so that the air test will fall onto the lean
end of my LED display.  You might note that on the pictures
from a while back.  Just use a pushbutton to parallel
the 100 ohm R28 with a 50 ohm (or a couple more
100 ohms).  Tested this on 3 sensors so far.

Bruce Roe