injection strategies for 4 cyl, port injection (1.6L Toyota

Diehl, Jeffrey jdiehl at sandia.gov
Mon Oct 1 22:30:16 GMT 2001

I've had many of the same thoughts as you seem to be having.  I have a very
similar engine to yours.  I have a 7aGe with the ECU from a 4aGe.  I've
looked at the schematics at great length, too.  ;^)

One thing I thought might be cool, if you could program it... would be to
use larger injectors and have the ECU run in sequential mode at idle and up
to a given RPM.  Then, after that RPM range has been hit, you run in batch
mode so that you get the valve cooling, and fuel volume that you want when
you get nasty with this engine.

The sequential mode would allow you to run bigger injectors and still get a
nice smoothe idle which doesn't offend the nose.  But, at higher revs, you
would be able to supply as much fuel as you could possibly need. ;^)

Just a thought...

Mike Diehl.
'87 MR-2, 7aGe.