Correct A:F Ratio @ WOT?

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Tue Oct 2 08:50:45 GMT 2001

Jon Davis tapped away at the keyboard with:
> I have wondered about real vs. indicated AFR... some mods on my
> car seem to do real well for about a week, but the power slowly
> disappears over time. I wondered if I was changing the combustion
> and screwing up the self-learn in my ECU. I thought about making a
> circuit with a variable offset on the O2 sensor, to tell some fibs
> to the ECU and see what happens. Anyone know the esr of an oxygen
> sensor offhand, around 100k?

It may be "broken" if you try to run a resistance measuring current
of any magnitude through it for any length of time.

One measures the output voltage into a high impedance (>1Mohm).
The ECU is probably looking for the switching voltage about 0.45
volts, which is equivalent to stoich.

--
 /"\  Bernd Felsche - Innovative Reckoning, Perth, Western Australia
 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |